I don’t really snack on keto and while the ketogenic diet is known for balancing your blood sugar and busting cravings and midday energy slumps, it is always good to know what snacks we can have that won’t kick us out of ketosis or make us feel yucky! It is nice to have the option of a few low-carb, keto snacks for busy days when you have to skip lunch, have a busy day or are traveling. I find that I eat a combination of these “snacky” items at meal times, but if you feel the need to actually snack throughout the day, you may want to look at what you are eating at meal times in order to make sure you are eating enough.
PIN FOR LATER!
Here are my top 20 real food keto snacks that keep life easy, nutritious and simple!
- ALMONDS-almonds are a wonderful keto snack. I portion them out so I make sure that I get the right serving amounts.
- PECANS-pecans are amazing and so delicious! Sprinkle some salt or granulated sugar substitute or even sugar free maple syrup!
- PISTACHIOS-easy and satisfying and getting them in the shell is super fun!
- SUNFLOWER SEEDS-so crunchy and salty and delicious! Love these in our granola recipe!
- NUT BUTTERS-nut butters are great for putting on keto rolls, on celery sticks or even in our granola!
- CELERY-crunchy and delicious and full of fiber.
- BROCCOLI-raw broccoli is so good with sour cream or ranch!
- RADISHES-radishes actually taste super crunchy and satisfying. You can even saute them up like hashbrowns.
- CUCUMBER-love these with cream cheese and “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning!
- PEPPERS-super crunchy and pretty sweet actually.
- CHEESE STICKS-an easy everyday go to full of protein and super satisfying.
- CURED MEATS-these are great on their own or even with some cheese sticks or part of a snack plate.
- OLIVES-love salty olives-they are full of fat and delish!
- PORK RINDS-super satisfying and crunchy! Love them with cream cheese and/or melted cheddar mixed with salsa…YUM
- PICKLES-these are super satisfying and the juice makes a great electrolyte supplement.
- BEEF JERKY-easy grab and go! Check for low carb options like CHOMPS!
- HARD BOILED EGGS-always have these on hand for a quick easy snack anywhere – anytime!
- KETO COFFEE-full of fat it keeps us satisfied. Enjoy with KETO KREME for collagen and MCT oil support.
- PARMESEAN CRISPS-crunchy and delish! Good with guacamole or salsa!
- SUGAR FREE TREATS CHOCOLATE + KETO BARS–LOVE perfect keto and choc zero! Use the code “FREETOFAMILY” for a discount!