I have been looking for a way to make some “egg roll” type dish and these Asian cabbage rolls stuffed with pork hit the spot! You can also dop it or dip it with some Thai dipping sauce and make it extra AHHH-MAZING! Here is what you will need:
💥INGREDIENTS – ROLLS💥
- 1 Small/Medium green cabbage head (12-15 Leafs)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup carrot sliced
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped ginger
- 3 scallion chopped
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Redmond season all *
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- avocado oil
💥INGREDIENTS – SAUCE💥
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 finely minced scallion
- 1 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- Boil the whole head of cabbage in a large pot of salted water (enough water to submerge the head). Boil until the leaves soften and then gently peal each cabbage leaf off.
- In a skillet on medium heat brown the ground pork with the carrot, scallion and ginger until fully cooked.
- Add the fish sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to the meat mixture toward the end of cooking.
- Allow meat mixture to cool a bit and then stuff each leaf with about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture. If making ahead, store in a sealed container and refrigerate until the night of serving.
- Right before serving heat a skillet with avocado oil on medium heat. Roll the cabbage leaves and place seam side down to gently heat and sear.
- Sear the seam side of the roll and allow to stay on heat until thoroughly heated through. Be careful NOT to burn.
- To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk; serve with sauce.
*use the code FREETOFAMILY for 15% OFF Redmond Salt*