This is an amazing side dish! You can also try our GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE if you are looking for a fun holiday or festive potluck side dish!
- 2 cups french style green beans (I used frozen from Costco)
- 2 slices of bacon with the grease for cooking (or 1/2 cup Real Bacon Bits)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- *optional: a few sprinkles of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Cook the bacon slices until crispy in a skillet.
- Let cool and mince into small bits.
- On medium high heat cook the green beans and minced bacon for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Add in the almonds and seasoning and mix through while heating for another 2-3 minutes.