One major thing I love about KETO is creamy soups! They are so satisfying and comforting! This creamy cauliflower bacon chowder is soooo good and everyone will love it!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets or 1 bag of 8-12 oz. frozen cauliflower (pieces or rice)
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese or Colby jack
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan or dutch oven on medium high heat.
- Cook chopped bacon, onion and celery in a large saucepan or dutch oven on medium high heat until crispy.
- Add in garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add in the cauliflower and spices and saute until slightly brown and fragrant.
- Add in the cream cheese, heavy cream and stock and mix. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer and cover to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and whisk in coconut flour to thicken. Use immersion blender to make smoother if desired.
- Serve with crispy bacon bits on top or with a KETO BUN on the side.