Who doesn’t love a cheesy and creamy side dish??? This one is sooo good! Bring it to your next potluck or party and it is super easy to make!
- 8 ounces chopped fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease a round pyrex glass dish and preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Cover and steam the kale with a small amount of water in a large microwave-safe bowl for about 3-4 minutes then drain.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the onion and garlic until onion is translucent and fragrant or about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced shallot and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and broth to the pan and whisk to combine and melt in the cream cheese until fully combined.
- Sprinkle in the nutmeg, salt and pepper and then combine in the xanthan gum and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the kale and toss until fully coated with cheesy mixture.
- Transfer to the pyrex dish and top with parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown.