When you’re doing keto, there’s no need to stay in when your friends and family go out to eat.
Because keto, unlike most other diets, lets you enjoy a wide variety of indulgent and flavorful foods.
This is great news if you’ve:
- Turned down dinner dates because of keto just to avoid an uncomfortable ordering scene
- Been hit with an avalanche of anxiety (especially at a pasta place) when staring at a menu and wondering what you can actually order
- Worried about taking too long to order as you analyze the menu line by line and ask yourself, “Is this okay for keto?”
- Been the only one at the restaurant table to sip on water while others munch on their mouthwatering meals
- Had any other type of anxiety associated with eating out on the keto diet
With that being said, are some restaurants more keto-friendly than others?
You bet they are. And here’s a list of 5 types of restaurants cater to us on the keto lifestyle!
1. Chinese – The variety of veggies certainly make Chinese okay for keto. But you can also lock your lips on cheat meal-like Chinese choices such as pork belly, roasted duck, and stir-fried beef, among others.
2. Seafood – Who doesn’t love fresh fish? At seafood restaurants, you can openly express your love for this palatable keto protein with relative ease.
3. Mediterranean – You’ll find some of the tastiest, healthiest, and most keto-friendly food here. Be sure to get your healthy fats by ordering some fish and siding it with a salad or seasonal veggies. And don’t forget the olive oil!
4. Steakhouses – Plenty of protein-filled plates that are okay for keto can be found in steakhouse menus. Just make sure to skip carb-filled sides like fries and choose a salad or steamed veggies instead.
5. Buffets – When you think of healthy restaurant options, buffets probably come in last. But surprisingly, they can be okay for ketoers thanks to variety…
Look hard enough, and you’ll find keto options like fish, chicken, and meat for your main meal, which you can supplement with veggies on the side…
Another benefit of buffets is they let you pick what you want to put on your plate. In other words, if restaurant ordering makes you anxious, you won’t have to worry about it here.
If you’re not too keen on eating out even if it’s okay for keto, but don’t want to turn down an invitation, here’s a quick tip:
Eat something before, have a KETO Meal Replacement Shake*.
By doing this you’ll:
- Reduce your appetite
- Save money
- Know exactly what you’re eating (important for macros)
Any of these options will give you a mouthful of high quality ingredients that’ll rival anything even the finest restaurant can offer.
Enjoy the company more than the food and don’t worry so much! HAVE FUN!
*GET 10% OFF THIS SHAKE WITH THE CODE: F2F*