I know, I know you hear the word FATHEAD or cheese and you think NOOOO WAYYY…but but trust us, it really works. And no, you cannot taste the cheese! Keto baking can be tricky and the texture isn’t like regular flour because of the lack of gluten. We love almond flour, but it never develops any gluten. Stretchy mozzarella helps add some of the fluffy chew so that they’re not totally crumbly. These are so good! You have to try!
I don’t bake a lot but when I do it has to be something worth having and something EVERYONE will love! These are it!
FOR THE DOUGH
2 c. finely ground almond flour
2 tbsp. coconut flour
1/4 c. keto-friendly granulated sugar (such as Swerve)
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted, divided, plus more for brushing
- 1/3 c. packed keto-friendly brown sugar (such as Swerve)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
This is a dough that can be used for so much! You can even make bagels or pizza dough out of it! It is so versatile!
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. keto-friendly powdered sugar (such as Swerve)
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, granulated Swerve, and baking powder until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla.
- In a medium microwave-safe / glass bowl, microwave mozzarella and cream cheese, stirring every 30 seconds until melting for a total of about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Allow the cheese to cool for a few minutes and egg mixture and dry ingredients to the melted cheese bowl until fully combined.
- Line a work surface with parchment paper and place the dough between two pieces of parchment.
- Roll the dough with a roller over the parchment paper until you have a larger rectangle shape – reshape if necessary.
- Once flat into a rectangle, spread 2 tablespoons of butter down the middle of the dough then sprinkle with with brown sugar Swerve and cinnamon.
- Lengthwise, roll the dough into a log and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease a glass pie pan inch or metal pie pan (or recycled pie pan:) with butter.
- Slice the long log Slice the log into 10-12 equal pieces and arrange in the prepared baking pie dish.
- Take melted butter and brush remaining melted butter on the tops of the rolls.
- Bake the rolls until they are golden for about 25-30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, melt cream cheese.
- Whisk in heavy cream and powdered Swerve until smooth.
- Spread icing over warm rolls before serving.