I DID IT!!! I found the BEST low carb french toast AND it is super easy because I use the AMAZING KETO BUNS that I am already making!!! SUPER EASY AND QUICK! You see, I made a double batch of keto buns and cut them half and froze them for a few weeks. I decided to thaw them and then dip them in an egg mixture and fry them up as french toast and OOOOO EMMMM GEEE — I about died and went to FRENCH TOAST HEAVEN!!!! You have to try these!!! Be sure to match it up with some CHOC ZERO maple syrup too! (use the code “FREETOFAMILY” for 10% off). COME BACK AND THANK ME PLEASE!!!!
- 3 KETO BUNS sliced in half (for a total of 6 pieces)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the egg, cream, cinnamon and vanilla together.
- Soak the KETO BUNS in the egg mixture
- Heat a skillet on medium high while melting butter.
- When the skillet is hot, transfer and fry each bun until crispy (for about 2-3 minutes per side).
- ENJOY with SUGAR FREE SYRUP!