This low carb marinara sauce is amazing and beats the taste and macros on any of the more expensive brands on the market. There is ZERO sugar and tons of flavor! I get my tomatoes from Walmart and they are under $1.00 for each can! You can eat this with KETO MEATBALLS or even PALMINI PASTA! Make KETO PIZZA and more! ENJOY!
- 2 (28oz.) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. swerve
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- Heat oil in medium sized saucepan or instant pot on medium high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and seasonings and stir until combined.
- Add in 1 cup of water (swish out the tomato cans to clean out).
- Bring sauce to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes (or 10 minutes manual pressure in the instant pot on steam release).
- Allow to cool and pour into 16 oz. glass containers* or quart sized ziploc bags.
- Freeze for future use.
*if using glass, leave at lease 1.5-2 inches for expansion in the freezer.