This Jamaican favorite is loved by our whole family! It is the hubby’s recipe and he grew up eating it weekly. It is now our family staple and IT IS SOO GOOD!!!
- 3lb of chicken thighs, legs or breast
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- 1 tsp. of black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper (chopped and seeded) (optional if you don’t like spice)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp. of dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil for searing
- 1 cup of water
- Season the chicken in a 9×13 pyrex glass baking dish or a large bowl by rubbing in salt, pepper, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, onion, scallion, peppers, garlic, and ginger and allow it to marinade for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove only the chicken to fry in the oil and leave behind the vegetable marinade.
- Brown evenly on each side on high heat for about 5 minutes each.
- Add the remaining vegetable marinade, cover and allow it to stew in its own juices for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add about 1 cup of water and simmer for another 15-20 minutes—stirring only occasionally.