This is my hubby’s recipe! It is so good! If you love shrimp and you love curry this will be a hit! Serve with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles and everyone will love it.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 scallion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper (for shrimp) and 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper (for sauce)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or habanero
- 1 tablespoon sugar free ketchup
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk(add less for a less soupy curry)
- ¼ cup of water
- In a large mixing bowl, season shrimp with salt, black pepper, 2 tsp. curry powder and thyme and let sit for a few minutes.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a skillet and sauté peppers, onion, scallion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add coconut milk, water, ketchup, and 2 tsp. of curry powder.
- Add in the shrimp and whole scotch bonnet pepper and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is pink.
- Lower heat and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until curry sauce thickens.
- Add more sea salt and black pepper to taste and remove the scotch bonnet pepper to serve