This is my hubby’s recipe! It is so good! If you love shrimp and you love curry this will be a hit! Everyone will love it!
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 scallion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper (for shrimp) and 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper (for sauce)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon sugar free ketchup
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk(add less for a less soupy curry)
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- ¼ cup of water
- 1/4 seeded and minced scotch bonnet pepper or habanero (optional-this makes it spicy-leave out for no spice)
- In a large mixing bowl, season shrimp with salt, black pepper, 2 tsp. curry powder and thyme and let sit for a few minutes.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in an instant pot, dutch oven or saucepan and sauté peppers, onion, scallion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add coconut milk, stock, water, ketchup, and 2 tsp. of curry powder.
- Add in the shrimp and scotch bonnet pepper and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is pink.
- Lower heat and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until curry sauce thickens.
- Add more sea salt and black pepper to taste and serve warm.