We LOVE to cook. As a matter of fact, sometimes we feel like that’s all we do and it is a huge priority for us. The reality is, sometimes you are either having a crazy week/day, you are exhausted or you simply find yourself on the road without having prepared a real food meal or can’t get access to one. When you are out and need healthy keto options…you need a guide. This will be your go-to guide for the places and foods that we will eat from and we are pretty picky!
PLEASE NOTE and REMEMBER: Nothing takes the place of you cooking your own food and knowing exactly what ingredients you use. If you have specific food allergies, be sure to ask and/or do research on full ingredient lists before eating at any restaurant or fast food place.
General Tips and Food Items When out and
- Eat Seafood when you can
- Eat eggs, chicken, beef or pork
- Pack your own sea salt and pepper
- Enjoy unlimited side items such as steamed vegetables, extra lettuce, pickles and salads
- Ask for full fat dressings and/or olive oil and vinegar
- Pack your own canned tuna (and a travel can opener), Perfect Keto Bars*(15% off here code “FREETOFAMILY“, raw almonds, organic raisins, raw walnuts and cashews.
Popular Fast Food and Chain Restaurants
- Grilled Shrimp & Island Rice (you can ask to sub the rice for a and a side baked potato or a salad)
- California shrimp salad no dressing
- Grilled shrimp and spinach Salad with bacon and no dressing (ask for olive oil and vinegar)
- House salad no dressing (ask for olive oil and vinegar)
- Asian salad no dressing (as for olive oil and vinegar)
- Grilled shrimp or salmon no marinade
- Steamed vegetables and/or baked potatoes
Chipotle Mexican Grill:
- Burrito bowl with barbacoa or carnitas with fajita vegetables, tomato salsa, guacamole
- Salad with no meat or vinaigrette and lemon wedges, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Nutty mixed up salad
- Create your own salad with spinach, mixed greens, apples, carrots, peas and goat cheese (most of these ingredients are organic)
- Fresh salad bar
- Santa Fe Chicken or Southwestern Beef Salad with no tortillas or dressing
- Asian Salmon Spinach Salad no glaze
- Avocado shrimp salad no dressing
- Any vegetables such as potatoes, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cauliflower, etc.
- Veggie Delite Salad with unlimited veggies and olive oil and vinegar dressing (you can open a can of tuna or throw some walnuts on top)
- Fresh salad bar (olive oil and vinegar)
In and Out Burger:
- Protein style cheeseburger (wrapped in lettuce)
- Flying Dutchman cheeseburger (no bun)
We hope these tips help you while you are ‘pon de road’.
Here are also some FAST FOOD SHORTCUT GUIDES from @KETOHACKERHOP on Instagram:
How are you KEEPIN’ IT KETO!?! Share some tips in our