This is a “keto-fied” version of my hubby’s Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe! You can use this sauce on anything, but it is best used on dark bone-in chicken such as legs and thighs. Give this one a try, you will love it! YEAH MON!!!
- For medium heat: 2 scotch bonnet peppers (seeded and roughly copped)
- For hot and very spicy: 3 scotch bonnet peppers (chopped with seeds)
- 3-4 lb. chicken legs and thighs
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. ground allspice
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp. stevia
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ginger (freshly chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbs. coconut aminos or Worcestershire sauce (Jamaicans usually use soy sauce but we changed this)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- (*optional* 2 tbsp. dark rum)
- Except for the chicken, blend all of the ingredients in a blender to make the jerk sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade with the chicken and allow it to marinade overnight in the fridge—save a small amount of the sauce for basting later.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes on each side or slow grill the chicken on a hot BBQ grill for up to 45 minutes turning regularly.
- Save the remaining marinade to baste the chicken every 15 minutes with a basting brush.
- The chicken should be dark and crispy.