Do you love mozzarella sticks as much as I do??? This recipe was a doozy because the trick is to freeze the sticks BEFORE you fry or they will turn to MUSH! The nutritional yeast and psyllium husk give them a nice breading texture…I think you will love these! They are low carb and gluten-free.
- 6 string cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered parmesan
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 cups of avocado oil
- Place oil in small frying pan and set aside.
- Cut string cheese in half to make 12 smaller pieces.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a quart sized freezer bag and shake.
- Dip each mozzarella stick into the egg wash and place into the bag to fully coat.
- Place all of the dipped sticks into the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in pan to around 400 degrees.
- Fry each mozzarella stick in the oil until golden brown and cooked fully on each side.
You can also air fry these on 375-400 degrees for 5 minutes and they come out delish!