I have great memories of SLOPPY JOES when I was a child. It was a staple for my mom to make them so they bring me back about 30 years. Do you love them???
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp. onion (minced)
- 1 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup low carb ketchup
- 2 heaping tbsp. of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp low carb brown sugar substitute
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper (each)
- 2/3 cup beef stock
In a large skillet on medium high heat, brown the ground meat until it cooks breaking it up with a MASHULA for about 8-10 minutes.
- When the meat is almost cooked all the way through, stir in remaining seasonings and ingredients finishing with the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and then turn down to medium low and simmer about 10-15 minutes longer, uncovered.
Serve on a KETO BUN bun or on lettuce wraps!