Got tons of SIRLOIN in our Butcherbox this month and needed some new ideas to create some delicious new recipes! I was craving some philly cheesesteaks and thought they would sound great in a pepper! This recipe is super simple and EVERYONE will love it!!! A 1/2 of pepper is about 2-3 net carbs as a whole one is just under 6. They aren’t the lowest carb veggie but I wouldn’t worry too much since this is a rich dinner that will fill you up and satisfy the HECK out of you!!!
- 3-4 medium green bell peppers cut in half with seeds and ribs removed (you can sub any other color of peppers)
- 1 lb. of sirloin thinly sliced (but you can use whatever beef you want)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Redmond season all *
- 1 onion thinly sliced into longer strips
- 6-12 slices of your favorite cheese (I like American and Provolone but ANY cheese will work!
- 2-4 tablespoons of avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F and wash peppers and cut from stem to root – removing all ribs and seeds.
- Place peppers on baking sheet and rub each pepper on both sides with avocado oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes
- While peppers are cooking, heat a large skillet on medium heat and add in 1 tbsp. avocado oil and sauté onions for about 5-7 minutes – stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Add in the sliced sirloin and sauté the meat and onions together until there is no pink on the meat (about another 5-7 minutes). Sprinkle with Redmond season all *
- Remove from heat and drain any liquid before stuffing the peppers.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and leave the oven on 400F and stuff the peppers with evenly divided meat and onion mixture.
- Top each pepper with cheese and place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. You can broil for 1-3 minutes for them to brown but be careful with broiling!
- Serve and enjoy with your family!
*use the code FREETOFAMILY for 15% OFF Redmond Salt*