I love a good smokey meaty dish! Are you a fan of pulled pork? Now you can just take a short cut and grab some GHUGHES BBQ SAUCE and the pulled pork from the convenience section at Costco and call it a day, or you can get a fresh pork shoulder and make it in your crockpot from scratch.
This recipe will fill you up with all the good and none of the bad like sugar and fillers…so enjoy!
- 3lb. boneless pork shoulder (aka. Boston Butt)
- 1 1/2. tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 yellow mustard
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar-free sweetener
- 3 tbsp. sugar-free ketchup
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the pork in the slow cooker inner pot.
- In a bowl, combine the powder seasonings for the meat, mix and rub the spices all of the pork.
- Add in the mustard, ketchup, vinegar, sweetener, hot sauce, liquid smoke and water
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until tender and easily falling apart.
- Shred the meat in the juices within the crock pot by using forks to pull it apart.