This recipe is BEST REAL KETO bread, roll, bun recipe that you will ever try! It has yeas, psyllium husk (FULL of fiber) and tastes, toasts up and smells like REAL BREAD! It is NOT eggy and full of cheese–no cheese at all actually. It was inspired from the DIET DOCTOR’s bread recipe originally created by Maria Emmerich. After doing much research on keto approved ingredients and bread type items, I learned that adding active yeast (keto friendly), nutritional yeast (keto friendly) and psyllium husks (keto friendly) add more of a bread like texture rather than an almond flour pastry. So with this, I did add a few ingredients that the original recipe did not use (2 types of yeast) that give this bread an authentic crunch, smell and flavor! YOU WILL LOVE THIS! Please be sure to share your creations and use #KIMSKETOBREAD to be featured and shared on social media! This bread changes the WHOLE keto game! Pair it with soup, use them for burgers or sammies or even as garlic bread …and YOU CAN TOAST IT!!! YUMMO! The possibilities are endless!
- 1 1/4c. almond flour
- 5 1/2 tbsp. whole psyllium husks
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. active instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently mix all dry ingredients in bowl.
- Slowly add in hot water, eggs, and apple cider vinegar to dry mixture.
- Use a mixer (I use a basic hand mixer–nothing fancy!) to fully incorporate all of the ingredients into a Play-Doh like consistency for about 30 seconds. (be sure NOT to over mix).
- Moisten hands to form into 6 separate equal sized pieces of bread or “buns”.
- Place on a greased, parchment lined, or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for 45-55 minutes until golden brown, crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. When you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun–they are ready.
- Let rest and cool before cutting.
1 BUN=1 SERVING; Total carbs 8 grams; 6 grams of fiber = 2 net carbs
WHAT WILL YOU USE THESE FOR?
PIN FOR LATER!
STORE ON THE COUNTER FOR 2-3 DAYS AND FREEZE LEFTOVERS — BUT I DOUBT THERE WILL BE ANY:)