I LOVE fries and crispy foods! These zucchini fries make for a great snack or side for any meal! I dip mine in my homemade sauce or sugar free ketchup!
You can make these in the oven or in an air fryer. I prefer the oven because I am air-fryer challenged at the moment (I have burned things that should not burn LOL) but it is faster than baking!
Give these crispy and delicious frys a try! I know everyone in the family will love the cheesy crispy deliciousness!!!
- 2 small zucchini cut into thick fries
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Assemble dry ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk egg and heavy cream into a separate bowl.
- Using a fork dip each piece into the egg batter, pick up and let drain off.
- Dip it into the breading mixture and fully coat each piece.
- Lay coated pieces on large parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spray surface of zucchini fries with cooking oil spray. If baking, bake in preheat oven until coating is crispy (about 25-35 minutes).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until coating is crispy–you can broil for the last few minutes to add some crispiness to them.
*These can also be placed in an air fryer for about 10 minutes on 375*