This soup is AMAZING!!!! EVERYONE will love it! Bring it to your next potluck or family gathering or just make it on a regular Monday night! It is super simple super flavorful!
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage (Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage or Italian sausage out of casing will do too)
- 1/4 diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (2-3) cloves minced garlic
- 1 quart beef (or chicken) broth
- 5 cups chopped kale (or spinach)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- *optional* 4-5 thinly sliced peeled radishes
- In the instant pot (on saute), dutch oven or deep skillet, heat butter over medium heat and brown the onions and garlic.
- Combine the Italian sausage with the onion and garlic and brown it breaking it up with a MASHULA as it cooks.
- Add the *optional* radishes and broth and bring to a boil then a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes (or if using instant pot, put on high for 15 minutes with pressure release).
- Stir in the kale, heavy cream, xanthan gum, salt and pepper and allow to sit on the warm burner for a few minutes or until kale and radishes are both tender (or just cover instant pot and put on warm until ready to eat).